2005 MAPLD International Conference
Building and International Trade Center
September 7-9, 2005
I put together this FAQ to assist you in your upcoming MAPLD 2005 exhibit. Some of you are new to MAPLD and this will also help you exhibit effectively at our conference. For exhibitors that have been at MAPLD in prior years, note that this is our third year in our new facility. Some items here are TBD and I'll be filling them in the near term.
(updated June 25, 2005)
- Do I Need To Register At Full Price?
- Can I Update My Listing on the Industrial Exhibits Page?
- What Are The Shipping Instructions?
- When Is Setup and Teardown?
- Where are the Exhibits Located?
- What are the Exhibit Hours?
- What About Floor Protection?
- Can I Attach Displays To The Wall?
- What About Electrical Loads?
- Can I Use Tape For My Exhibit?
- What Do I Get With My Exhibit?
- What Other Services Are Available?
If you have any additional questions or need anything, please do not hesitate to ask. We are all here to help make your exhibit as effective as possible. This list will be updated as new questions and suggestions come up.
See you in September!
* Do I Need To Register At Full Price?
Yes. Exhibitors, presenters, attendees must all register at the regular price. In fact, I as Conference Chairman also pay the same full price. Seminars, the day prior to the conference, are separate rentals and a separate registration.
- Double-sized exhibits, $3,250, receive four Conference registrations in their package.
- Large exhibits, $1,650 , receive two Conference registrations included in their package.
- Small exhibits, $675, receive one Conference registration.
Everyone must register.
* Can I Update My Listing on the Industrial Exhibits Page?
- Yes, please feel free to update any contact information, www addresses, etc.
- Please do not send me a lot of updates a day or two before the conference.
* What Are The Shipping Instructions?
Shipping Instructions for the 2005 MAPLD International Conference
If you wish to ship material to MAPLD you must follow the instructions below exactly. It's as easy as 1,2,3, .... ;-)
- Your exhibit must arrive no later then August 31, 2005.
- Carefully mark all of your items. Last year a few items came in and it wasn't clear who it came from. That is bad.
- Please fill out the on-line form with information about your shipment. I will send you the url for the form over the summer. If you can not find the url, then just send me an e-mail and I'll send it to you again (putting the url on this page will result in false submissions from search engine crawlers).
- Address the shipment to:
MAPLD c/o Pat Burns
NASA Goddard Space Flight Center
Receiving, Building 16W
Greenbelt, MD 20771
- After the conference, please affix pre-paid shipping documents to each item and hand it to personnel at the registration desk and a list of all of your items. The material will be returned to NASA Goddard Space Flight Center and then shipped out from there. You can ship either back to your plant or on to another show and all major carriers are welcome.
- There will be NO handling charges for your exhibit. However, you are responsible for packing your own exhibits well and for paying for shipping after the conference.
* When Is Setup and Teardown?
- Exhibit setup opens Wednesday morning (September 7).
Note: We have worked out an agreement with the facility that,
if everything goes correctly, will permit early setup at 2:30 pm
on Tuesday, September 6th.
- Exhibit teardown is Friday afternoon (September 9).
- Your exhibits will be shipped back to NASA on Monday, September 12th and be unloaded and shipped out starting on Monday and continuing through Tuesday.
* Where are the Exhibits Located?
The Exhibits are located in the Atrium Hall. It is a very nice facility, carpeted, with plenty of room. It's also where the breaks will be served, with registration in the pre-function area.
You have been assigned a booth number when you made your reservation. At the facility, a sign will be fixed to your display area to properly identify it. A floor plan will also be posted; this will be done a week or so before the conference.
* What are the Exhibit Hours?
In general the Exhibits are open throughout the conference.
* What About Floor Protection?
- Floor protection will be provided for you as all areas are carpeted. This eliminates the concerns we had in 2003 where some exhibitors were on hard wood floors (which I had to sign my life away for).
* Can I Attach Displays To The Wall?
No. NO. NO!
* What About Electrical Loads?
- MAPLD provides (free for the large exhibits, $100 for small exhibits) a standard electrical service of 15 amps. This will handle the lights on a standard backdrop and a computer and display. If you have unique and/or high electrical requirements, please let us know in advance to enable the electricians to run the appropriate cables; you will be invoiced at our cost. Yes, silly to pay for electricity at an electrical engineering conference, it's a union thing.
- For exhibits with electricity, MAPLD will provide approved power strips with surge protectors built in and have them properly affixed to the floor.
* Can I Use Tape For My Exhibit?
* What Do I Get With My Exhibit?
- 1 6' table, 30" wide, 30" high (2 tables for a double)
- Linens for table - the linens will be black for 2005.
- Conference Registration:
- Four (Double Exhibit)
- Two (Large Exhibit)
- One (Small Exhibit)
- Electric Service
- Double: 30A
- Large: 15A
- Small: None (available for $100, our cost)
- Four (Double Exhibit)
- Two (Large Exhibit)
- One (Small Exhibit)
- Floor protection
- Local Exhibit Handling
- Wireless internet connection for low bandwidth use.
* What Other Services Are Available?
The Reagan Building has lots of facilities, all of them of excellent quality. The packages that I have put together should handle most exhibitors' needs. However, each exhibitor has their own requirements and interests and we will work with you to customize your MAPLD exhibit. We can offer you a wide range of services (basically at cost and keeping the single point of contact interface with MAPLD). These services include those listed below. If you want or need anything else, please let me know and I'll look into it for you and add it to this list.
- Internet service, high bandwidth
- Telephone service
- Private meeting rooms
- A/V equipment
- Computer equipment.
- Extra or special furniture
- Additional floor space
Industrial and Government Exhibit Reservation Form
Images of the 2004 MAPLD International Conference Exhibits
2005 MAPLD International Conference Home Page
Home - NASA
Office of Logic Design
Last Revised: February 03, 2010
Digital Engineering Institute
Web Grunt: Richard Katz