Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center
September 8-10, 2003
I thought I'd put together this FAQ to assist you in your upcoming MAPLD exhibit. Some of you are new to MAPLD and this will also help you exhibit effectively at our conference. For exhibitors that have been at MAPLD in prior years, note that this is our second year in our new facility, the Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center (ITC), and that some procedures are substantially different then they were at APL. Some items here are TBD and I'll be filling them in the near term.
- Do I Need To Register At Full Price?
- Can I Update My Listing on the Industrial Exhibits Page?
- What Are The Shipping Instructions?
- When Is Setup and Teardown?
- Where are the Exhibits Located?
- What are the Exhibit Hours?
- What About Floor Protection?
- Can I Attach Displays To The Wall?
- What About Electrical Loads?
- Can I Use Tape For My Exhibit?
- What Do I Get With My Exhibit?
- What Other Services Are Available?
If you have any additional questions or need anything, please do not hesitate to ask. We are all here to help make your exhibit as effective as possible. This list will be updated as new questions and suggestions come up.
See you in September!
* Do I Need To Register At Full Price?
Yes. Exhibitors, presenters, attendees must all register at the regular price. In fact, I as Conference Chairman also pay the same full price.
Large exhibits, $1,500, receive two registrations included in their package. Small exhibits, $600, receive one registration. All others must register.
* Can I Update My Listing on the Industrial Exhibits Page?
- Yes, please feel free to update any contact information, logos, www addresses, etc.
- Please do not send me a lot of updates a day or two before the conference.
* What Are The Shipping Instructions?
Shipping Instructions for the 2004 MAPLD International Conference
If you wish to ship material to MAPLD you must follow the instructions below exactly. It's as easy as 1,2,3, .... ;-)
- Your exhibit must arrive no later then September 1, 2004.
- Carefully mark all of your items. Last year a few items came in and it wasn't clear who it came from. That is bad.
- Please fill out the on-line form with information about your shipment. I have sent you the url for that form; if you can not find it, then just send me an e-mail and I'll send it to you again (putting the url on this page will result in false submissions from search engine crawlers).
- Address the shipment to:
MAPLD c/o Pat Burns
NASA Goddard Space Flight Center
Receiving, Building 16W
Greenbelt, MD 20771
- After the conference, please affix pre-paid shipping documents to each item and hand it to personnel at the registration desk and a list of all of your items. The material will be returned to NASA Goddard Space Flight Center and then shipped out from there. You can ship either back to your plant or on to another show and all major carriers are welcome.
- There will be NO handling charges for your exhibit. However, you are responsible for packing your own exhibits well and for paying for shipping after the conference.
* When Is Setup and Teardown?
* Where are the Exhibits Located?
The Exhibits are located in the Atrium Ballroom.. It is a very nice facility, carpeted, with plenty of room. It's also where the meals and breaks will be served, with registration in the pre-function area.
You will be assigned a booth location during August. At the facility, a sign will be fixed to your display area to properly identify it.
* What are the Exhibit Hours?
In general the Exhibits are open throughout the conference. There will be a dedicated exhibit time which is TBD.
Note that we are renting the Atrium Ballroom for a 1/2 day on September 7, 2004 for your setup and would like that work to be complete prior to the conference opening on the morning of the 8th. For west coast exhibitors, you will be able to set up in the evening (we'll have security on-hand) so there is no need to book an extra travel day.
* What About Floor Protection?
- Floor protection will be provided for you as all areas are carpeted. This eliminates the concerns we had last year where some exhibitors were on hard wood floors (which I had to sign my life away for).
* Can I Attach Displays To The Wall?
No. NO. NO!
* What About Electrical Loads?
- MAPLD provides (free for the large exhibits, $100 for small exhibits) a standard electrical service of 15 amps. This will handle the lights on a standard backdrop and a computer and display. If you have unique and/or high electrical requirements, please let us know in advance to enable the electricians to run the appropriate cables; you will be invoiced at our cost. Yes, silly to pay for electricity at an electrical engineering conference, it's a union thing.
- For exhibits with electricity, MAPLD will provide approved power strips with surge protectors built in and have them properly affixed to the floor.
* Can I Use Tape For My Exhibit?
- No. If you need tape for any purpose on the floor, please let me (Rich Katz) know as soon as possible.
* What Do I Get With My Exhibit?
- 1 6' table, 30" wide, 30" high
- Linens for table - the linens will be black for 2004.
- Two (Large Exhibit)
- One (Small Exhibit)
- 15A Electric Service (Large only; Small extra) with power strip
- Two (Large Exhibit)
- One (Small Exhibit)
- Floor protection
- Local Exhibit Handling
- Wireless internet connection for low bandwidth use.
* What Other Services Are Available?
The Reagan Building has lots of facilities, all of them of excellent quality. The package that I have put together should handle most exhibitors' needs. However, each exhibitor has their own requirements and interests and we will work with you to customize your MAPLD exhibit. We did do some of this in 2003 on a bit of an ad hoc basis. This year, with more experience in this facility and the NASA in-house production of the conference, we can offer you a wide range of services (basically at cost and keeping the single point of contact interface with MAPLD). These services include those listed below. If you want or need anything else, please let me know and I'll look into it for you and add it to this list.
- Internet service
- Telephone service
- Private meeting rooms
- A/V equipment
- Computer equipment.
- Extra or special furniture
- Additional floor space
Home - NASA
Office of Logic Design
Last Revised: February 03, 2010
Digital Engineering Institute
Web Grunt: Richard Katz