2006 MAPLD International Conference
Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center
with a session at the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum
September 26-28, 2006
Here are some notes to assist if you are not a US citizen or if you are outside of the US. This page will be updated as new information becomes available.
- Hans Tiggeler (email@example.com) can aid those in the United Kingdom who need assistance making their travel and lodging arrangements. Any one who wishes to aid their colleagues in other areas please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have a lot of difficulty with English, please contact us early and we can try to have someone fluent in your language help you with your questions.
- If you need a visa, apply for one early. Each year one or two individuals waits too long and has been denied entry to the USA.
- If you need documentation or a letter from MAPLD, again, please let us know as early as possible. We will work with you and the US embassy as much as we can, as quickly as we can. In 2001, one author waited until the last second, it took several days and many attempts to successfully complete a fax transmission, and he was denied entry into the USA. Often, the time zone differences can be significant. For reference, I am located in the US eastern time zone, and we do follow daylight savings time. Hans Tiggeler is located in the United Kingdom. Note that if you wait too long to ask us for help, we may not be able to help you as the weeks just prior to MAPLD are usually quite busy. Ask for help early.
- If you need any documentation, please be sure to include the following in your request letter:
- Full and complete name
- Employer or affiliation
- Current address and country of residence
- Country of citizenship
- If you are presenting a paper, title of the paper and paper number.
- Telephone and fax numbers
- e-mail address from your employer or university (yahoo.com or hotmail.com addresses are strongly discouraged).
- No special clearances are required for the MAPLD Conference. However, please bring valid identification and paperwork to all sessions.
- If there are any additional questions or suggestions for this page, please contact us at email@example.com.
Richard B. Katz
National Aeronautics and Space Administration
2006 MAPLD International Conference Home Page
Home - NASA Office of Logic Design
Last Revised: February 03, 2010
Digital Engineering Institute
Web Grunt: Richard Katz